Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, I flew from Indianapolis to Atlanta but first had to switch planes in Chicago. On my plane, I was somehow first class, which has only ever occured once in my life. It's probably because I wasn't supposed to fly out of Indy but had it changed last minute. Well, on this plane out of chicago to atlanta that I wasn't originally supposed to be on, I met the sweetest, most genuine lady named Deanne. I noticed right away as I boarded the plane right behind her that she was sweet natured. She asked the flight attendent very politely to hang her coat up and the attendent responded by saying it was for first class passengers only, to which Deanne responded ever so politely and quietly, "I am first class." that was my first impression of her, and I was impressed at how she handled a situation many people would've gotten offended over. So when I saw that my seat was next to her, I was refreshed because Im not really the "first class" type and it can be a bit of an intimidating environment ;) anyway, we started talking and didn't stop for the entire 1.5 hour flight, I actually wished I could hve more time with her. She has such an inspiring story and she really was such a delight! I felt as though I was with an old friend. She told me she worked for Warner Bros and that she had worked hard to get where she was at, but seemed much more interested in me than talking about herself, so when we exchanged cards and I saw that she was the VP of video on demand for the WB I said "wow! Vice pres! Impressive!" to which she replied with a smirk "I told you I worked hard." Anyway, she so blessed and encouraged me! She even helped me find my way to the runners picking me up for the show and she instructed them to take good care of me! It's amazing the impact and difference you can make in someones day or life by a simple plane ride conversation! I invited her to come check out a winterjam show near her in Jan, I so hope she comes!!!
Ok I'm off to Springfeild, IL for another YEC! It's going to be my trial run-through for winterjam!
Blessings!
S

No comments: